At MGS Mfg. Group, we are an engineering house, a toolmaker, a blow molder, an injection molder, and a custom machine builder all under one company. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible.
As part of the MGS Group of Companies, MGS Germantown is looking for a Quality Technician located in Germantown, WI. The Quality Technician is responsible for performing production quality area technical processing.
The current opening is on the 12 Hour Day or Night Shift. Work hours are 6:45 to 7:00 under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours).
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Sets up and performs destructive and non-destructive laboratory tests on materials, parts, products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Interprets engineering drawings, flowcharts, or formulas and confers with various team members and engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Perform FAI, capability studies, dimensional/functional inspections including evaluation of data and applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Performs computer data entry, prepares inspection reports, charts, or graphs.
- Assists team members engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Facilitates or participates in various types of audits as required.
- Provide emergency back-up support or vacation coverage for Quality Inspector position when required.
- Perform gage R&R activities.
- Any other duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two to four years of experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use hand gauges.
- Working knowledge of CMM, OGP, Instron, Keyence, Vision System, Stereo microscope is a plus
- Ability read complex drawings is a plus.
- Experience in working with team, ability to drive change and influence cultural change.
To learn more about MGS Mfg. Group, go to www.mgstech.com. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability, life, FSA, vacation, and holidays. MGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.