At MGS Mfg. Group, we are an engineering house, a toolmaker, a blow molder, an injection molder, and a custom machine builder all under one company. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible.
As part of the MGS Group of Companies, MGS Equipment Division in Germantown, WI is looking for a Field Service Engineer. The Field Service Engineer will provide on-site machine installation, troubleshooting, repair and training for our domestic and international customers.
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Know and follow all of the Company’s safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
- Serve as a good role model to employees for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic mechanical functions per machine capabilities in field at customer production sites.
- Conduct training with customer’s employees to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Customer focused to exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Perform field service repair, installation and start-up of machines, including but not limited to complete electrical and hydraulic integration.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documenting of all service related activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC’s and drives.
- Provide customer service technical phone support.
- Assist in mechanical/electrical assembly and testing of equipment to meet scheduled deliveries.
- Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- Completion of an accredited two-year associate’s degree and/or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent accrued experience and on-the-job training.
- Five years of field service experience.
- Previous Plastic injection molding experience is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting ability to support electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and servo applications.
- Ability to read hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic drawings and schematic prints.
- PLC experience preferably with Allen Bradley (Logix 500 and 5000).
- Servo drive experience preferably with Rexroth (Indraworks).
- Projects a positive attitude with customers and co-workers.
- Strong and professional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating effectively using professional e-mail etiquette.
- Solid analytic, diagnosis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to continually learn and support new technologies.
- Must be able to travel up to 80% domestically and internationally.
To learn more about MGS Mfg. Group, go to www.mgstech.com. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability, life, FSA, vacation, and holidays. MGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.