At MGS Mfg. Group, we are an engineering house, a toolmaker, a blow molder, an injection molder, and a custom machine builder all under one company. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible.
As part of the MGS Group of Companies, MGS Germantown Division is looking for a Set up Technician located in Germantown, WI. The Set up Technician ensures the presses are set up and started correctly with molds and auxiliary equipment.
The current opening is on the 12 Hour Night Shift. Work hours are 6:45pm to 7:00am under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours).
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Review “hit list”
- Track tools and ensure each tool is set-up with correct insert.
- Complete proper start-up and shut-down of machinery when production run is complete.
- Set up tools with needed auxiliary equipment in order to ensure press is ready for start-up.
- Set up the work cell.
- Perform line clearance.
- Perform proper tool pulls when production run is complete.
- Read and comprehend mechanical drawings relating to plastic injection molding.
- Resolve water line malfunctions when needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance to nozzle tips.
- Perform preventative maintenance to jobs that are currently running.
- Follow general requirements and cleaning for a cleanroom environment.
- Maintain safe work area.
- Any other duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Completion of an accredited two-year technical college program, or a four-year university program, in a related field of study is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience or accrued on-the-job training and experience.
- Fork truck and Lock out Tag out Certification.
- Plastic injection molding experience.
To learn more about MGS Mfg. Group, go to www.mgstech.com. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability, life, FSA, vacation, and holidays. MGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.