MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a Shift Supervisor at our Germantown, WI molding facility. If you strive to make a difference, enjoy helping employees grow and develop, and have proven leadership skills, we may have the position for you.
A little bit about us. We are an engineering house, a toolmaker, an injection molder, a blow molder, and a custom machine builder. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible. To learn more visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for supervising through strategic planning to ensure the highest level of Safety, Quality, and Efficiency are being met on the assigned shift.
The current opening is on the 12 Hour Night Shift. Work hours are 6:00pm to 7:00am under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours).
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Know and follow all of the Company’s safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
- Serve as a good role model to employees for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Manage the priorities and deployment of the people and all production activity on the assigned shift. Prioritize production runs and make rates on production at the established quality level. Responsibility for the performance of jobs being run.
- Schedules, assigns, and performs time and attendance for operators in each cell to specific jobs in the Employee Scheduler. Provides for press coverage during operator breaks and reallocation of operators. Ability to coordinate press and operator schedules to optimize production ensuring Operators are being cross trained on all types of presses.
- Approve production cell for production.
- Ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained in the molding department.
- Train and develop production employees to performing the job effectively. Responsible for supporting and meeting the requirements for Career development plans and any associated training(s). Coordinates and handles any updated training requirements per the quality system.
- Supervise and evaluate all employees. Handles performance reviews for assigned shift. Holds employees accountable to complete job tasks and when needed, complete and process Performance Action Reports.
- Communicates and enforces Company policies and safety regulations. Ensure that safety remains your team’s highest priority.
- Accountable for interpretation of specifications, blueprints and job orders to operators.
- Manage shift based on BOM. Facilitates BOM changes when necessary.
- Manages pack off area for the clean room.
- Documents production notes.
- Works with quality to determine root cause of non-conforming parts and develops an action plan.
- Analyzes and resolves work issues or assists staff in solving work issues.
- Responsible for promoting team building by interacting with everyone on the shift.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate staff to achieve work goals.
- Handles Shift reporting.
- Effective communication and coordination with Human Resource Department.
- Perform orientations and oversee training for new employees.
- Communication effectively with all departments.
- Observe and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- Associates degree and 3-5 years supervisory experience within a custom molder to accomplish essential duties, or accrued on-the-job training and experience
- Injection Molding experience is a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proven leadership skills
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability, life, FSA, vacation, and holidays. MGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.