MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Inspector at our Libertyville, IL molding facility.
A little bit about us. We are an engineering house, a toolmaker, an injection molder, a blow molder, and a custom machine builder. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible. To learn more visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The Quality Inspector performs production area quality processing inspection.
We have an opening on 2nd shift (2:00pm-10:00pm).
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Know and follow all of the Company’s safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
- Serve as a good role model to employees for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Perform dimensional verification activities.
- Perform visual verification activities.
- Perform 1st Piece and In-Process Inspection activities.
- Perform 1st Piece activities After Significant Events (ASE).
- Assists Operations with the documentation and handling nonconforming products.
- Assists the Quality Manager with the improvement of inspection report and Metrology Methods.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains 1st Piece approval samples.
- Documents verification activities and communicates quality plan failures (out-of-tolerance or out-of-control conditions).
- Manage all gauging methods (storage, retrieval, calibration status, and physical condition) used in the inspection report.
- Collect production shots as required by the inspection report.
- Support new product introduction activities as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- One year of experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with basic Quality Instruments such as; calipers, micrometers, height gauge, gage pins, and go/no-go gages.
- Must be able to read basic prints.
- Working knowledge of CMM and Vision System is a plus.
- Experience in working with team, ability to drive change and influence cultural change.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability, life, FSA, vacation, and holidays. MGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.