MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor at our Libertyville, IL molding facility. This position will oversee the daily processes of the MGS Libertyville warehouse.
A little bit about us. We are an engineering house, a toolmaker, an injection molder, a blow molder, and a custom machine builder. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible. To learn more visit us at www.mgstech.com.
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Know and follow all of the Company’s safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
- Serve as a good role model to employees for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Responsible for all shipping and receiving processes. This includes ensuring all PO entry work is completed in the system timely and that all finished product is shipped in accordance with the customer required dates.
- Assist the Plant Manager in evaluation of Warehouse employee’s activities, schedules, performance, and training and development.
- Support the Customer Service Department and Scheduling by providing necessary information to accurately respond to customer inquiries regarding inventory, new orders, and expedited orders.
- Coordinate and support inbound and outbound shipments.
- Monitor the system to ensure that all customer shipment orders are released for the required shipping date.
- Review the hit list daily to ensure all production jobs materials are requested at least 24 hours in advance, including 96 hours in advance for weekend production.
- Communicate with the production floor on stock outs of requested materials.
- Supervise employees to ensure receivables and finished goods are accurately put away into storage racks daily and materials are pulled for shipments following FIFO or required job numbers as requested.
- Coordinate regular inventory cycle counts and physical inventory.
- Responsible for inventory accuracy, including investigation, resolution, and documentation of inventory discrepancies.
- Able to perform all distribution and material handling duties in the absence of other employees.
- Responsible for good housekeeping in the warehouse and dock areas.
- Work with quality to streamline production paperwork requirements and support as necessary.
- Observe and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in the warehouse and shipping/receiving environment.
- Prior knowledge of MRP systems.
- Experience with RF scanners.
- Working knowledge of inventory control and cycle counting.
- Able to work independently.
- Forklift certified.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, disability, life, FSA, vacation, and holidays. MGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.