Are you detail-oriented? Enjoy working in a climate-controlled, clean, safe environment? This may be the position for you! MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for entry-level Operators located at our Germantown, WI molding facility. We are willing to train giving you the ability to gain skills that will open up growth opportunities with us!
A little bit about us... MGS Mfg. Group is a world leader in providing optimized manufacturing solutions to the plastics industry. We have been dedicated to servicing the plastics industry since 1982 and proudly employ over 1,100 employees worldwide. MGS is headquartered in Germantown, Wisconsin, and is comprised of three divisions: molding, tooling, and equipment. We partner with some of the most recognized companies in the world in the areas of Healthcare, Electronics, Automotive, Consumer, and Industrial markets. Our diverse customer portfolio provides many exciting and prosperous career opportunities. To learn visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The Operator visually inspects and packs parts to meet quality and customer standards.
The current openings are on the 12 Hour Day/Night Shift. Work hours are 7:00 to 7:00 under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours).
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Know and follow all of the Company’s safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
- Serve as a good role model to employees for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Perform and run successfully production machine(s) and order processing.
- Learning to operate auto, vertical, horizontal, and blow molding presses at a variety of low, medium, or high complexity job assignments.
- Inspects parts to ensure quality standards are met.
- Perform continuous visual verification activities per the available Standards and Customer Approved parts.
- Follow work instruction, visual inspection criteria, and quality alerts per job order.
- Maintain the required records for the assigned activity.
- Pack manufactured items according to the Production Order “Packaging Instructions” or the Manufacturing Work Instruction, and construct boxes as they are needed.
- Participate in proper housekeeping practices.
- Verify scales are working properly.
- Notify the Line Lead of any product or process concerns.
- Successfully operates clean room required assignments and meets all requirements.
- Able to be a runner between job assignments to break employees.
- Able to train new operators as needed.
- Any other duties and as assigned.
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Able to work scheduled shift hours and be on time.
- Ability to read, comprehend and communicate instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.
To learn more about MGS Mfg. Group, go to www.mgstech.com. MGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.