Are you passionate about automation? Do you enjoy working with robots? We may have the position for you. MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for an Automation Technician at our Germantown, WI molding facility.
A little bit about us... MGS Mfg. Group is a world leader in providing optimized manufacturing solutions to the plastics industry. We have been dedicated to servicing the plastics industry since 1982 and proudly employ over 1,100 employees worldwide. MGS is headquartered in Germantown, Wisconsin, and is comprised of three divisions: molding, tooling, and equipment. We partner with some of the most recognized companies in the world in the areas of Healthcare, Electronics, Automotive, Consumer, and Industrial markets. Our diverse customer portfolio provides many exciting and prosperous career opportunities. To learn visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The Automation Technician supports end of arm tooling (EOAT), robots, and automated assembly machinery as well as provides input for improvement processes in a manufacturing environment.
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform basic robotic programming.
- Support automated machinery production runs by solving technical issues.
- Responsible for training on assembly machines and robot set-ups.
- Ensure that work instructions are up to date.
- Order parts and materials as needed.
- Troubleshoot assembly equipment and other machinery including but not limited to pad printers, sonic welders, heat stakers, and hot stampers.
- Identify unsafe equipment and ensure that equipment operates safely prior to line start up.
- Set up robots, EOAT, conveyors, degators, secondary equipment, etc.
- Build fixtures, guarding, etc., as needed.
- Know and follow all of the Company’s safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
- Serve as a good role model to employees for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Any other duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate would fulfill these requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Completion of an accredited two-year technical college program, or a four-year university program, in a related field of study is preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in related field.
- Fork truck and Lock out Tag out Certification.
- Familiar working with conventional manufacturing equipment such as milling machines, lathes, saws, hand tools etc.
- Toolmaker/Machine Builder experience is a plus.
To learn more about MGS Mfg. Group, go to www.mgstech.com. MGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.