Do you enjoy working with your hands and using basic hand tools? We may have the position for you. MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a Material Handler at our Germantown, WI molding facility.
A little bit about us... MGS Mfg. Group is a world leader in providing optimized manufacturing solutions to the plastics industry. We have been dedicated to servicing the plastics industry since 1982 and proudly employ over 1,100 employees worldwide. MGS is headquartered in Germantown, Wisconsin, and is comprised of three divisions: molding, tooling, and equipment. We partner with some of the most recognized companies in the world in the areas of Healthcare, Electronics, Automotive, Consumer, and Industrial markets. Our diverse customer portfolio provides many exciting and prosperous career opportunities. To learn visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The Material Handler ensures presses are ready for start-ups by preparing the specified materials, cleaning the equipment, and removing any remaining materials.
The current opening is on the 12 Hour Night Shift. Work hours are 6:30pm to 7:00am under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours).
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Know and follow all of the Company’s safety rules, such as safe work practices and standard operating procedures.
- Serve as a good role model to employees for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Communicate with previous and following shifts the status of presses.
- Checks production schedule to organize the day.
- Check the Material Tag(s).
- Schedule material filing activities.
- Deliver and maintain the appropriate material supply for each job.
- Perform line clearance of materials.
- Perform changeover activities.
- Clean the dryer, grinders, and conveying equipment completely.
- Perform dryer preventive maintenance.
- Label all dryers with a Material Identification Tag.
- Handle new materials.
- Process approved Material Allocation forms.
- Clean all material areas at the end of the shift.
- Effective handling of Significant Events by having corrections made to the BOM and communicate any issues.
- Reads BOM or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination.
- Counts, weighs, and verifies raw materials.
- Follows surge bin connection instructions.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with hand truck or forklift and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist Operators.
- Operates forklift or hand truck to assist in loading or moving materials and products. Loads finished goods on to a trailer.
- Verifies that product being moved has a move ticket.
- Retrieves packaging for Operators.
- Any other duties as assigned.