At MGS Mfg. Group, we are an engineering house, a toolmaker, a blow molder, an injection molder, and a custom machine builder all under one company. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible.
We are a leader in our industry and work with a diverse customer base.
Qualification for this position is predicated not only on satisfactory performance of essential duties as outlined below, but also on compliance with general company policies and procedures. Employees assigned to this position must communicate assignment progression to their supervisor by performing the following essential duties/responsibilities and any other duties as assigned.
The Estimator is responsible for the creation of estimates involving plastic injection molded product, tooling, assembly, validation/qualification, and automation.
Daily Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Open and enter quote information into our system for new and existing customer programs.
- Keep log of Customer Contracts; Submit contracts to customers for review by their due date.
- Review contract accuracy prior to submission to the customer.
- Work with Sales Representative to determine status of open quotes.
- Work with Program Manager on maintaining information at the onset of a new program, to develop the final production sale price.
- Establish existing customer pricing strategies.
- Be able to provide and explain any additional information needed to have contract pricing updated and approved.
- Work with internal departments that would assist in providing details to having the customer contracts updated.
- Communicate contract approval to the appropriate parties at the respective facility producing the product.
- Review all quotes with the Director of Sales.