MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Production Manager with our MGS Antioch division at our facility in Antioch, Illinois
MGS is an engineering house, a toolmaker, an injection molder, a blow molder, and a custom machine builder. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible. To learn more visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The Production Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling activities to focus on safety, productivity, quality, and costs to achieve stated production goals and objectives for all shifts to maximum growth and profitability while ensuring a safe work environment at all times.
As the Production Manager, you will...
- Ensure that safety remains your team’s highest priority.
- Ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the Quality Management System.
- Hire, review, train and mentor Operations employees.
- Assign, direct, supervise, evaluate, and oversee the training and development of employees.
- Coordinate and direct projects making detailed plans.
- Develop long-term plans for new processes and equipment.
- Facilitate communication between engineering, manufacturing, and toolroom.
- (May) assist with preparing budgets.
- Solve complex problems with flow in present manufacturing processes.
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for production work performed in the company.
- Directs the development of new production processes.
- Stay current on new and/or updated technology, manufacturing practices and processes related to the core business.
- Minimize downtime and increase operating efficiencies through automation, tooling or machine modifications.
- Lead teams using lean manufacturing, problem solving and six sigma tools to reduce scrap, increase productivity and eliminate quality and safety issues.
- Work with team to identify root cause of defects and ensure implementation of corrective actions to address quality concerns.
- Assess, report, and ensure the timely repair of any safety hazards associated with equipment.
- Create equipment specifications, order and coordinate the installation of such equipment while maintaining the high standards of manufacturing safety.
- Collaborate with customer base at the launch of new jobs and as an ongoing continuous improvement effort on current production jobs.
- Write, review and approve validation protocols; FAT, SAT, IQ/OQ/PQ, PPAP, etc.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant employees.
- Prepare any reports required by the Plant Manager and analyze production output efficiency and productivity.
- Provide data for short-range and long-range production planning.
- Ensure that the Plant Manager is continuously informed of all activities regarding the various production jobs including any problems, workmanship, and products not meeting the company’s high standards of quality.
- Observe and adhere to all company policies and procedures.