MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Quality Inspector with our MGS Antioch division at our facility in Antioch, Illinois. This position will work 3rd shift, Monday through Friday, 10:00pm-6:30am, and every other weekend.
MGS is an engineering house, a toolmaker, an injection molder, a blow molder, and a custom machine builder. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible. To learn more visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The Quality Inspector performs routine in-process and final inspections on products to assure the product is being manufacturing in accordance with established quality standards.
As the Quality Inspector, you will...
- Perform start-up inspections, in-process inspections, and final inspections as required by the corresponding QA Inspection Procedure, including visual, dimensional, and functional testing.
- Demonstrate proficiency with all lab equipment for dimensional/functional testing.
- Interface with production, warehouse, and office employees and report any discrepancies or non-conformances observed in a timely manner.
- Release or reject product as determined by the results of inspection. Perform backtracking on failing product to ensure all impacted product is contained to prevent distribution to the customer.
- Report to production personnel and management when product is found to be at or near specification limits such that actions can be taken prior to a failure occurring.
- Generate and maintain accurate, complete, and legible documentation, including checker charts, start-up reports, Retention Reports, and log books.
- Pull, maintain, retain, and/or generate required product samples, including golden samples, customer approved samples, and limit samples.
- Perform SPC and enter data into the system.
- Verify blend batch records for accuracy.
- Assist in sample studies as necessary.
- Verify material used is per customer requirements.
- Verify information on all carton labels is accurate.
- Coordinate activities based on priorities.
- Observe and adhere to all company policies and procedures.