MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Mechanical Engineer within our Equipment Division at our facility in Germantown, WI.
MGS is an engineering house, a toolmaker, an injection molder, a blow molder, and a custom machine builder. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible. To learn more visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing and developing mechanical designs, performing 3 dimensional solid modeling, and compiling project bill of materials along with sourcing all purchased, fabricated and machined components.
As the Mechanical Engineer, you will..
- Perform engineering assignments as part of a team involved in the planning, organizing, and development of automated machinery.
- Translate recommended solutions into conceptual drawings, putting together bill of materials, technical presentations, and help with preparing quotations.
- Be proficient with modeling parts, building assemblies, and creating detail drawings utilizing SolidWorks 3D design software.
- Compile project bill of materials along with sourcing all purchased, fabricated, and machined components.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and use necessary measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, and indicators.
- Work with the shop providing guidance on assembly and component fit, form, and function verification.
- Carry out design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications.
- Be responsible for working to a defined schedule and budget.
- Create and update user manual documentation.
- Support and assist in continuous improvement plans.
- Act, as required, in a customer service technical support role both internally and externally.
- May be required to give presentations both internally and externally