MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time, Metrology Engineer at our corporate facility in Germantown, WI.
MGS is an engineering house, a toolmaker, an injection molder, a blow molder, and a custom machine builder. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible. To learn more visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The Metrology Engineer is responsible for supporting new product launches, including stimulation, scanning, programming, requirements review, metrology systems design, and data analysis.
As the Metrology Engineer, you will..
- Create, maintain, and execute custom-written, automated programs for the Metrotom CT scanner equipment, data collection, and quality system. This position uses custom-written, automated programs to generate inspection data for manufacturing, engineering, quality, and customer review.
- Write and maintain technical documents such as Standard Documents, Work Instructions, and Implementation Plan for lab equipment and personnel as deemed necessary by the Quality team.
- Implement lab equipment and quality software by creating a planning process that maintains the integrity and requirements of the Quality lab and personnel.
- Be accountable for Metrology Planning; Participates in print reviews to confirm the scope of the metrology event, confirms that all necessary information is correct and available, and qualification requirements are met.
- Be responsible for Calypso Programming : Confirm that required customer part model and specifications are available for use in programming. Provide a commitment date for delivery, and ensure that performance targets are met
- Create, name, and control Calypso measurement programs utilizing part model and drawing for First Article Inspection (FAI) qualification according to project specifications.
- Program GD&T and dimensional data according to customer part drawing using feature-oriented strategies.
- Setup program report to facilitate an engineering review. Ensure that the program output includes all required data and part information.
- Execute corresponding part program against individual CT Scanned parts.
- Confirm that the program is created in a manner that meets stated requirements and that variation from the system is minimal (program validation).
- Analyze and review scanned part results to share with customer or engineer.
- Ensure all dimensional data and tolerances are correct according to the given part drawing and specifications.
- Confirm validity of the data collected and good documentation practices
- When necessary, perform confirmation studies when data appears erratic
- Troubleshoot issues with programmed strategies.
- Sort and analyze metrology data for designated qualification events performed in the Metrology Lab.
- Assist with Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R) Studies.
- Utilize CAD software for setting part orientation and simple measurements.
- Read, comprehend, and review engineering drawings and specifications.
- Understand the use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Maintain and update Visual Inspection Criteria, Metrology Methods, and part programs for CT Scanner/Keyence, and Inspection Reports.
- Maintain the safety of employees and visitors in regards to the dangers of ionizing radiation present at the site in accordance with Federal and State regulations utilizing any and all reasonable steps to ensure rules are followed at all times.