MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time, 12 hour Day, Shift Supervisor at our molding facility in Germantown, WI. Work hours are under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours).
MGS Mfg. Group is a leading global provider of optimized manufacturing solutions for high precision plastic products - with services including: engineering & design-for-manufacture, mold making, sampling, development & qualification, injection molding & value-added operations, multi-shot technologies, scalable automation, assemblies and application-specific turnkey manufacturing systems.
We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and look for individuals that have the same passion! Our employees are a vital part of our success. We maintain and reinforce an atmosphere of mutual respect and communication that will foster continued growth and career opportunities. Our achievements are built on a solid foundation of core values that inspire a culture of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, and Safety. To learn more visit us at www.mgstech.com
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for supervising through strategic planning to ensure the highest level of Safety, Quality, and Efficiency are being met on the manufacturing floor
As a Shift Supervisor, you will..
- Manage the priorities and deployment of the people and all production activity on the 12 hour day shift. Prioritize production runs and make rates on production at the established quality level. Be responsible for the performance of jobs being run.
- Schedule, assign, and perform time and attendance for operators in each cell to specific jobs in the Employee Scheduler.
- Coordinate press coverage during operator breaks and reallocation of operators. Ability to direct press and operator schedules to optimize production ensuring Operators are being cross trained on all types of presses.
- Approve production cell for production.
- Ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained in the molding department.
- Train and develop production employees to perform the job effectively. Responsible for supporting and meeting the requirements for Career development plans and any associated training(s). Coordinate and handle any updated training requirements per the quality system.
- Supervise and evaluate all employees. Handle performance reviews for assigned shift. Hold employees accountable to complete job tasks and when needed, complete and process Performance Action Reports.
- Communicate and enforces Company policies and safety regulations. Ensure that safety remains your team’s highest priority.
- Be accountable for interpretation of specifications, blueprints and job orders to operators.
- Manage shift based on BOM. Facilitates BOM changes when necessary.
- Manage the pack off area for the clean room.
- Document production notes.
- Work with quality to determine root cause of non-conforming parts and develops an action plan.
- Analyze and resolve work issues or assist staff in solving work issues.
- Be responsible for promoting team building by interacting with everyone on the shift.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate staff to achieve work goals.
- Handle Shift Reporting