At MGS Mfg. Group, we are an engineering house, a toolmaker, a blow molder, an injection molder, and a custom machine builder all under one company. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible.
As part of the MGS Group of Companies, MGS Germantown WI Division is looking for a Process Technician located in Germantown, WI. The Process Technician communicates assignment progression regarding production process to the supervisor and perform preventative maintenance.
The current openings are on the 12 Hour Day or Night Shift. Work hours are 5:45 to 6:00 under a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week and 4 days the next.
Below are the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Check production process against documented process, which includes all support equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production molds. (i.e. mold cleans, basic insert changes and proper greasing of tools).
- Perform set ups on 2-shot tools, rotary strippers, turn table style, spin stacks and robotics.
- Perform programming functions and troubleshoot for robotic/automation systems.
- Perform set-up and troubleshoot for injection molding and understands basic blow-molding processes.
- Perform start-up and shut-down procedures.
- Verify setting are accurate.
- Approve quality of parts to go into production.
- Record start up and in process checks and identify events.
- Update process window per procedure when necessary.
- Perform a viscosity curve.
- Perform a gate freeze.
- Perform 2-shot molding.
- Trouble shoot valve gate systems and trouble shoot hydraulic systems on tools.
- Monitor material handlers and provide training to ensure that they perform proper set up of materials.
- Monitor set up technicians and provide training to ensure that they do set ups properly.
- Any other duties as assigned.