MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time, 3rd Shift Supervisor with our MGS Antioch division at our facility in Antioch, Illinois. The position will work 10:00pm-7:30am Monday-Friday.
MGS is an engineering house, a toolmaker, an injection molder, a blow molder, and a custom machine builder. Through customer demand and active progression on our part, we have been expanding our services since we opened our doors in 1982. The MGS Mfg. Group adapts to the needs of our customers along with cultivating new concepts and goals within the plastic industry. Throughout our growth and constant change, we have remained a partner to our customers, suppliers, and employees by learning from them, growing with them, and most importantly, never forgetting that without them, the evolution and success of this corporation would not have been possible. To learn more visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The 3rd Shift Supervisor is responsible for planning, scheduling, organizing, directing, and controlling the shift and its employees to assure it runs as smoothly, safely, and efficiently as possible. The Supervisor makes every effort to ensure that each job assignment produces products, which meets or exceeds the specifications, standards and quality levels required by MGS Mfg. Group and its customers.
As the 3rd Shift Supervisor, you will...
- Supervise and evaluate all employees on assigned shift.
- Be accountable for performance of all employees and all production activity on shift; direct supervision for Mold Technicians, Set-Up Technicians, Material Handlers, Group Leaders, and Operators.
- Communicate Company policies to machine operators and enforces safety regulations.
- Analyze and resolve work issues and assist machine operators in solving work issues.
- Motivate all employees by leading by example, setting reachable goals, and promoting teamwork not just within their area of responsibility, but throughout the shift and plant.
- Prioritize production runs and make rates on production at an established quality level.
- Identify and resolve Quality issues.
- Hold employees accountable to complete job tasks and when needed, complete and process Performance Action Reports.
- Perform and oversee training for new employees.
- Be responsible for general personnel training.
- Coordinate press and operator schedules to optimize production.
- Perform shift reporting.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment while following ISO and GMP guidelines.
- Assist in troubleshooting and set-ups when necessary.
- Prepare and analyze daily reports on production, efficiency, and quality.
- Report any occurrence of non-conformities to the Operations Manager, along with corrective actions taken.
- Observe and adhere to all company policies and procedures.