MGS Mfg. Group has an exciting opportunity for a full-time, 2nd Shift Supervisor at our molding facility in Libertyville, Illinois. Work hours are 2pm-10pm, Monday-Friday.
MGS Mfg. Group is a leading global provider of optimized manufacturing solutions for high precision plastic products - with services including: engineering & design-for-manufacture, mold making, sampling, development & qualification, injection molding & value-added operations, multi-shot technologies, scalable automation, assemblies and application-specific turnkey manufacturing systems.
We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and look for individuals that have the same passion! Our employees are a vital part of our success. We maintain and reinforce an atmosphere of mutual respect and communication that will foster continued growth and career opportunities. Our achievements are built on a solid foundation of core values that inspire a culture of Teamwork, Integrity, Passion, and Safety. To learn more visit us at www.mgstech.com.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for supervising through strategic planning to ensure the highest level of Safety, Quality, and Efficiency are being met on the manufacturing floor.
As a Shift Supervisor, you will..
- Ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained in the molding department.
- Train and develop production personnel.
- Be accountable for performance of all employees and all production activity on shift.
- Communicate Company policies to staff and enforces safety regulations.
- Be accountable for interpretation of specifications, blueprints, and job orders to staff.
- Analyze and resolve work issues or assist staff in solving work issues.
- Be responsible for team building by interacting with everyone on the shift.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate staff to achieve work goals.
- Accountable for the operations performed by Process Techs, Set Up Techs and Material Handlers.
- Manage shift based on BOM.
- Prioritize production runs and make rates on production at an established quality level.
- Responsible for the performance of jobs being run.
- Perform shift reporting.
- Hold employees accountable by completing and processing Performance Action Reports.
- Perform orientations and oversee training for new employees.
- Coordinate press and operator schedules to optimize production.